It’s been about a month since I stepped off the plane at Heathrow Airport and began my studying abroad encounters here in central London. All I can say is that for a Colorado Springs western girl, this iconic city is a lot…a lot all at once. But I love it.
Whilst studying abroad, I’ve found there are about 10 things that are bound to happen to you:
1. You become an absolute tourist, and you absolutely don’t care.
2. You’ll make new friends, native and international alike.
3. You fall in love with something beautiful. For me, it was St. Paul’s Cathedral.
4. You make a social faux pas and you have to get over it. Such as speaking “too loudly” (as Americans are prone to do), calling “chips” fries, and “crisps” chips.
5. You remember the world is huge and tiny all at the same time.
6. If you didn’t before, you start to truly appreciate art, history, and culture.
7. Your thirst for adventure is slightly quenched.
8. You go to class…and you like it (Maybe. I mean, I do).
9. You thank the Lord for Skype.
10. You cross things off your bucket list, and then add more to it.
The world awaits…discover it.