Rory Moore is a student at the University of Denver and an ISA Featured Blogger. He is currently studying with ISA in Madrid, Spain.
Are you exhausted from waiting in traffic all day in your car?
Would you rather spend your time elsewhere?
Do you want to move through tunnels?
How about watching the clock tick with much anticipation?
Well, if you have made it this far then it seems like you are ready to take on the MetroBus of Madrid, Spain!
Instead of waking up and dreading having to wait in traffic for an hour to get to work, you will have the adventure of leaving your homestay, apartment, or residencia and can count the minutes that you have to catch the next train. The train will come in five minutes. The next train will come in two minutes. The train is here now! Hop on! Now you look at the map to see how many stops it will take to get to your destination. If you are like me, it will take you two transfers and about thirty minutes to get to La Universidad de Antonio Nebrija.
Are you pondering about the beauty of Madrid? Look below:
This park will have you wanting to see it all. It has a glass castle, stone gargoyles, palm trees, a willow tree, ice cream, skating, and FOUNTAINS! This is only one of the many green spaces that you can grasp. It is also perfect for riding your bike and meeting the locals of Madrid.
Next thought….Are you curious about being sustainable?
That will be quite easy because Spaniards typically do that by allowing you to only take five to ten minute showers, have smaller portions of food than America, walking is encouraged versus having a car, and recycle bins are everywhere.
Other reasons why Madrid is the place to be:
- There are Royal Palaces everywhere and they will leave you wishing that you could live in one of them.
- Are you ready to have Tapas, Empanadas, and Bocadillos?
- Have you ever heard about El Corte Ingles?
- What about Zara?
- Have you ever been to a Real Madrid Futbol Game?
- Check out the Intercambios en Español
- Look for las ropas hanging everywhere
- There will be a lot of Museums! Museo del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Museo del Traje, etc.
If this is not sufficient, then I suggest you look below:
The world awaits…discover it.