Caffeine is an important part of both travelling and studying, which are the two most important things about studying abroad. So, if you are a caffeine addict like me, here are some of my favorite coffee joints I have discovered during my time in Sydney.
In the City:
- Ground Control
- There are not enough good things I can say about this coffee shop. Located in the lower level of Circular Quay train station, it is a perfect location for a quick coffee, or to sit and people watch. The owners are so friendly and will talk to you about anything from opinions, to the business, to just life in general. If you don’t feel like striking up a conversation, you can look through their Coffee Book, which tells you all about all the trendy coffee shops in Sydney and it’s suburbs, perfect for finding more coffee shops to try out!
For the tea lovers:
- Pancakes on the Rocks
- Not only is Pancakes on the Rocks a prime location for pancakes at any time of day (they are open 24 hours), but it also has the best chai tea latte I have ever had. Plus, it is served in a fancy tall glass, which obviously makes it taste even better.
- The Tea Cozy
- Also located in the Rocks, this is an adorable hidden gem. You can go for a very affordable tea party, or just go to enjoy some iced tea. Their teas are all so unique and refreshing!
- Piccolo Me
- Located in the Australian Hearing Hub on campus, Piccolo Me is just about the cutest place ever. It has the best coffee on campus (the latte is my favourite), and even has an Instagram Menu. Yep, they have an Instagram Menu, that’s how cute everything is. On this menu is my personal favourite, the Nutella Bomb. It’s a latte or milk (your choice) with a block of Nutella inside. Need I say more?
- Coffee Break
- Coffee Break is my favorite coffee place at the Mac Centre. It has gourmet food, cakes, pastries, and obviously fantastic coffee. It’s located in the food court, so it’s super easy to find. My personal favorite coffee beverage there is the vanilla latte. Also, to make the whole experience better, each take away cup has something cute or funny about coffee written on it!
- The Vogue Café – For all your beverage needs
- The beverages here are pure perfection, and coffee is just one of the many things on the menu. From iced tea served with fresh fruit inside, to the extravagant milkshakes that I cannot even begin to describe, this place is a go to. If you don’t want a sit down place, and just want a quick coffee, try The Missing Piece (also at the Mac Centre). They are owned by the same people, so it’s all the same coffee, The Missing Piece is just for those on a time crunch!
- Max Brenner’s
- Max Brenner is known as the chocolate man in Australia, and when you combine that with coffee, there is no way you can go wrong. This place has a cappuccino that is served in their special mug with a small chocolate piece. The chocolate melts and flows into the coffee, making it perfectly sweet!
The world awaits…discover it.