As I didn’t do copious amounts of research on Sevilla before I arrived, I did not know what to expect exactly of the city. I knew a little background information, and I’d seen some beautiful pictures, but I didn’t have a clear idea of what sort of place my new home would be. Since arriving three weeks ago, I have fallen in love with the city. There’s something so comfortable about the size of Sevilla. In some ways, it reminds me of San Francisco–the benefits of a large city without being overwhelming. There is so much history and culture everywhere you go, and I am constantly finding new favorite areas. I am lovesick for this city. Here are the symptoms of city lovesickness, so you will know when you yourself fall to it:
1. Catching yourself smiling absentmindedly as you walk down the streets and realize you are in Sevilla and this is now your normal life.
2. Visiting other amazing cities, but still always being ready to return to Sevilla.
3. Devising any possible plan to stay in Sevilla longer and return in the future.
4. Still being in awe of all the different parts you keep discovering.
5. Being happy doing simple things like walking through Plaza de España every day and still thinking it’s just as beautiful as when you first saw it.
6. Considering extending your time here to a year, if only there wasn’t real life and college requirements back home!
Ready to fall in love with the world? Begin your adventure here!