ISA’s service-learning and internship division, ELAP, is excited to announce the launch of several new locations beginning spring 2014. The following locations will offer a variety of program options and placement types:
- Amman, Jordan: Refugee Camp Community Center, Internet Radio Station, International Development Foundation
- Florence, Italy: Café and Wine Bar, FiveStar Hotel, Art Gallery, International Development NGO
- Santo Domigo, Dominican Republic: Orphanage and Learning Center, International Humanitarian and Development Organization, School for the Blind, At-Risk Youth Development Organization.
- Valencia, Spain: Centers for Senior Citizens, Associations for Disabilities, Transitional Shelter for Women and Children, Animal Protection Agency, Children’s Health Foundation, International Youth Development Organization
New Program Options
ISA-ELAP will now offer ISA Academic Programs plus ELAP during the spring and fall semesters in Seoul, South Korea, and Florianopolis, Brazil. Students will be able to combine academic courses with a service-learning or internship placement, working 5-10 hours per week, in the following locations:
- Florianopolis, Brazil: Students may combine academic courses at Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina with a service-learning or internship placement. Placements include: a hospital, a sustainability institute, and youth development organizations.
- Seoul, South Korea: Combine academic courses at Konkuk University with a service-learning or internship placement. Placements include: university career services or international affairs office, and an after school English-teaching program.
Intensive Month + ELAP Service-Learning & Internships
Beginning in Spring 2014, ISA-ELAP will also offer the opportunity for students to enroll in an ISA intensive month and upon completion of the program, participate in an 8-week placement at an ELAP organization. This option will be available in:
Please visit the Price & Dates page to see all program locations that offer service-learning and internships through ISA-ELAP and Host Universities.