Brendan Richardson is a Program Manager in ISA‘s Custom Programs [CP] division and a contributor to ISA Today as a part of ‘The 12 Days of Custom Programs‘ Series.
On the sixth day of Christmas, ISA CP gave to me: programs for a Spanish degree.
From the bottom of our hearts, we wanna wish you a Merry Abroadness. With these three Spanish programs, you can round out those requirements in your degree plan and experience la vida local in España or República Dominicana.
Spanish Language and Culture with Colorado State University
- Four weeks in Granada, Spain during Summer 2013
- Speak Spanish comfortably and understand its linguistic and cultural origins
- Live with host families and experience Madrid, Toledo, and Sevilla
For more information and to apply: Spanish Language and Culture with CSU
Spanish Literature with Texas A&M International University
- Five weeks in Malaga, Spain during Summer 2013
- Study the Generación del 27 novelists from Southern Spain
- Excursions to Sevilla and Granada with visits to historical sites within Malaga
For more information and to apply: TAMIU Malaga
Spanish Language and Culture with Grand Valley State University
- Five weeks in Santiago, Dominican Republic during Summer 2013
- Participate in a service-learning opportunity in the Santiago community
- Excursions to Santo Domingo, La Romana, Bayahibe, and Saona Island
For more information and to apply: Exploring the Hispanic Caribbean
*Please note that because these programs are administered by a U.S. university (not by ISA), you should discuss your interest in these programs with your study abroad office and academic advisor before applying to determine your eligibility for academic credit and financial aid. The eligibility requirements, application process, and program fees for these programs will vary and are determined by the U.S. university administering the program.