ISA is now accepting submissions for the Spring 2012 Photo Contest. If sharing your study abroad experience and photos appeals to you, consider submitting your study abroad photos today. We’re particularly interested in photos that are creative and highlight your unique experiences of studying abroad with ISA and volunteering abroad with ELAP.
Need some inspiration to get started? Check out the Fall 2011 Photo Contest winners.
What are the requirements?
Photos for any ISA 2012 or ELAP 2012 program participants from that are studying/volunteering abroad with ISA between January 1 – June 15 will be considered
What are the categories?
- The Gang is all Here – organized group shots with 3 to 8 people
- I’m with ISA! – ISA activities and/or excursions, students holding the ISA logo, ISA office & staff
- Culture, Customs and Traditions – fairs, ceremonies, holiday celebrations, local festivals, and other cultural activities
- Live Like the Locals – everyday life, activities, foods, people and places unique to your city
- Nature’s Beauty – landscapes, panoramic views and outdoor activities
- When in Rome – architecture, monuments, or places of interest
- The Artistic Eye – A chance to express your creative vision that may not fit in any of the other categories (no Photoshop filters for this category)
How do I submit my photos?
- All entries must be sent to ISA via email email@example.com as an attachment. Photos saved as high-resolution JPEG files (2100 x 1500 pixels or higher
- You must save your photograph to your computer with your first and last name as the filename. If there is more than one photo being submitted, please save the file as first name and last name and sequential number (EMAPLE. JoeySmith01, JoeySmith02)
- Please send each set of photos per category in one e-mail and have the subject line be YOUR NAME and CATEGORY (e.g., Joey Smith GANG’S ALL HERE). This means you would send us seven e-mails if you are submitting photos for all categories.
- The maximum amount of photos that can be submitted per person is 3 photos per category.
The following information must be included in the body of the email in order of the photo:
- Title of Photo
- Name of ISA student photographer and your program (e.g., Joey Smith (Madrid Spring 1)
- City and country where photo was taken
- Short description for each photograph
What are the prizes?
- Grand Prize Winner – $150 Visa gift card and winning photo will be featured in the ISA catalog. Photo will also be framed in the ISA Austin Office.
- 7 Category Winners – $50 Visa gift card per category
- All winners will be announced on the ISA website after the selection date
When will the winners be announced?
The contest will be evaluated and winners selected by July 13th, 2012.
Comments are closed.