Florianópolis is not a city that typically comes to mind when most people think about Brazil, but ISA is letting you in on one of Brazil’s best kept secrets! Located on an island off the southeastern coast of Brazil, the city’s thriving business center, beautiful beaches and friendly locals have made Floripa a must see destination.
The city truly embraces the work hard, play hard atmosphere, offering something for students, sports fans, beach bums, hikers and a growing number of adventurous travelers from all over the globe. Students studying with ISA in Florianópolis will have the opportunity to take it all in during the course of a semester or summer. Below are just a few examples of activities available:
- Attend a soccer game and cheer on the local teams
- Take a class in Capoeira, the art that combines martial arts with dance
- Learn samba and dance at the thriving samba clubs
- Join a pickup game of futebol with locals
- Plan a weekend getaway to explore all that Brazil and South America have to offer
ISA is the only study abroad provider offering fall, spring and summer programs in Florianópolis through the Language, Culture and Economics program. During this program students can take:
- Electives instructed in English
- Portuguese language courses
- Advanced courses with locals in Portuguese (Semester only/Reserved for advanced Portuguese speakers)
ISA is also excited to announce the launch of our new Intensive Portuguese Language summer program. During this program students can get an intensive 7-week Portuguese language training.
To read more about everything that Florianópolis has to offer, visit the academic program page.