My time in Spain is coming to an end. As I write this blog entry, I have exactly 5 days left in Spain. On one hand, I am happy that I get the chance to go home. I miss my family and friends very much. I cannot wait to see them. On the other hand, I have enjoyed myself in Sevilla so much that I would like to bring the city home with me. I enjoy being able to go out late at night and eat tapas. If you guys forgot what tapas are, tapas are like Spanish snacks. Some examples of tapas are ham, meatballs, toast, french-fries, and toast. I enjoy practicing my Spanish everyday with Spaniards who really want to help me improve my Spanish.
I have met many students here that I consider friends. It is great that many of my friends from my study abroad program live on the east coast of the United States. The college I attend is in Florida, so it will make visiting and staying in contact with them much easier. There are even students that attend college in Florida, so although I won’t be able to see them every day, I will still have the opportunity to hang out with them in the States.
Before I leave a couple of you all had some questions for me to answer:
- Does Dum Dum really talk?
- Unfortunately Leo, while I was there Dum Dum did not talk. I did see him during the day and in the movie he only talked at night time, so maybe that was the reason. Also, I did not have any gum to give him. That might be another reason he ignored me.
- Is Dum Dum actually from Easter Island?
- This is a great question Edwyn. Dum Dum is in fact, from Easter Island. He is between 511 and 761 years old! Easter Island is located between Australia and South America. It is in the South Pacific Ocean. It’s Spanish name is “Isla de Pascua.”
- Did I get tired from the long bike ride?
- I actually did not get tired from the bike ride Whinyfer. This past summer I rode my bike to work almost every day. It was a way for me to have fun exercising. Also, while I have been in Sevilla, I have rented a bike so I do not have to walk everywhere. Riding a bike in Paris was really fun though.
- What did you see on the bike & boat tour?
- I was able to see a lot of things while I was on the bike & boat tour. I was able to see the Eiffel Tower at night, which was very cool. I was also able to see the large cathedral Notre Dame. It is very large and one of the most famous cathedrals in the world. We also, went to the famous museum, The Louvre. Although my friends and I visited the museum during the day time, it was fun to be able to ride our bikes around the museum especially since the museum was very bright from the lights.
I must say that I have enjoyed blogging for you all these past three months. I hope you all have enjoyed reading my blogs as much as I have enjoyed writing them. Being able to share with you my experiences abroad and answer your questions have been very fun. I especially enjoyed Skyping with the class. I think that was my favorite part of the three months. What were your favorite parts? If you all have any more questions now or throughout the year, I’d be more than happy to answer them for you.