Or, maybe you won’t make them. But I certainly did!
1. You don’t pack any snacks for your 13-hour overseas flight.
2. You don’t pack the right change of clothes in your carry-on.
3. You wear uncomfortable shoes walking around Auckland.
4. You don’t bring shampoo or conditioner to your hostel.
5. Come to think of it, you’re not even sure you packed a towel!
6. You get frustrated when things don’t go according to your plan, instead of chilling out and just having fun.
7. You forget your ID when trying to go out to a club (gotta prove you’re over 18, and a state driver’s license won’t cut it).
8. You spend more money than you planned to on food (come to think of it, this one was worth it)!
9. You don’t wear enough sunscreen and get ferociously burned.
10. You don’t remember to take any pictures while you’re in Auckland.
11. You get lost trying to find Warehouse (New Zealand Walmart).
12. You spend an hour with your group trying to decide which adventuring activity you want to do in Rotorua.
13. You don’t pack any band-aids or Advil.
14. You get on the wrong bus in Rotorua and end up making a major detour.
15. You don’t drink enough water.
16. You forget to charge your camera battery.
17. You feel self-conscious of being an American, for no good reason.
18. You don’t get enough sleep.
19. You don’t eat enough Tim-Tams.
20. You don’t realize until later just how amazing your ISA friends are, and realize you would do it all again in a heartbeat.
The world awaits…discover it.